Objectives and Actions
- To increase concerted action between businesses and actors on secondary and tertiary processing.
- To involve forest stakeholders in preparing a status report on the industry and confirming a strategy aimed at harmonising forest management and industry practices.
- To promote product and market diversification and to identify opportunities to attract investors.
- To promote the development of companies that give priority to hardwood fibre processing.
- To identify potential uses for hardwood fibres.
- To promote financial assistance to ensure a sound capitalisation of businesses that have added-value production projects.
- To establish an intervention group to develop a local expertise in forestry with a view to identifying markets and projects with a high potential and attract investments from local entrepreneurs.
- To disseminate information on the 1st and 2nd Brigade program.
- To participate in the implementation of a promotional campaign to enhance public perception of forestry trades and forest environment.
- To identify and attract promoters of secondary processing business projects.